Sunday, October 6, 2013

Moving Day

Moving Day

Today was moving day for me. I spent the first half of my morning with my first host family, which was very nice. My host sister and I went to a festival in Utsunomiya, then went shopping in central Utsunomiya. I had a lot of fun and took a ton of pictures! And even bought two new shirts. Afterwards, we headed back home where I had a last cup of tea with my host mother and sister. Then, it was off to my new host family's house. 

My new host family is very large and very kind. I have a host sister, brother-in-law, nephew, mother, and father, and they're all very wonderful. They don't speak much English (only a few words here and there), but that's quite alright. Their house is a bit far away from my school, so I will have to take a bike, a train, and then walk to school everyday from now on. I don't think it will be all that bad, even in the winter. Oh, and before I forget, I live on a Lilly farm. It's very wide and spacious and absolutely beautiful. 

It's definitely a change from my first host family, but nothing I can't get use to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment